Being a student is hard enough without the extra pressure of trying to stay fit and healthy, but here at Forth Valley we take our students well-being seriously.
We aim to make things as easy and stress free as possible so that you can enjoy the college experience to the full. So to get you started on your journey here are some easy suggestions to get you warmed up…
- Take advantage of our campus gyms which are equipped with state-of-the art fitness machines and fully qualified and experienced staff to help you exercise safely and properly (As if all of that isn’t exciting enough, what you pay for your year’s memberships FVC’s three gyms at our Falkirk, Stirling and Alloa Campuses, is the equivalent of one month’s payment to any of the large private fitness centres!)
- If the gyms are not your thing then find something fun that you enjoy. Being active for at least 30 minutes a day helps keep you a fitter healthier person.
- Take the stairs wherever and whenever you can. 10,000 steps is the equivalent of walking approximately 5 miles.
- We also offer a wide range of healthy alternatives in our refectories to keep you going in-between classes and to further support your healthy lifestyle. Make simple substitutions where you can e.g. have a baked potato instead of chips, fruit instead of high carbohydrates and high fat snacks.
- Alternatively, plan ahead. Bring your lunch with you and remove the temptation of over indulging or snacking between meals.
- Above all have “FUN” to help you attain a healthy body and a healthy mind.