Alcohol can play a big role in student culture however it’s important to drink responsibly.
Here are some top tips on how to drink responsibly:
- Pace yourself
- Eat something before you drink or when you are drinking
- Drink water or soft drinks between alcoholic drinks to dilute the alcohol
- Watch out for larger measures at home or at a party compared with standard pub measures
- Choose a Best Bar None Venue when you are out with your friends, your safety is their priority! To find out where your nearest local Best Bar None venue is click here.
It is also recommended that men do not exceed 3-4 units per day and that women do not exceed 2-3 units per day. It is often difficult to track how much you are drinking if you aren’t sure how much a unit actually is, please see a few examples below –
- 1 pint of beer can be between 2 and 3 units
- 1 shot = 1 unit
- 1 glass wine (175ml 12%) = 2.1 units
Finally remember you must be aged 18 or over to drink alcohol!