Having problems with your computer? No money to buy a new one? You might not need to.
Students on the HND Computing: Technical Support are now offering a free computer fixing service from Room A224 in the Alloa Campus. Pop along to see them on a Monday 9am – 4pm, Wednesday 9am – 1pm or Thursday 11.15am – 4pm and they could solve all your IT issues!
We speak to student Scott Tough about the service on offer.
Why are you offering the computing fixing service?
We are offering this service to mainly give us experience in tech support while at the same time helping out other skint students.
What kinds of issues can you help with?
The issues we are looking to help with could be anything from:
– Faulty hardware
– Faulty software
– If your computer is running slow, we’ll have a look at it
– Or just general advice on computers
Do I need to pay for parts?
Yes. If you need new parts for your PC, then we will advise you on what part to buy and where to get it. If you decide to proceed with the repair bring the part back to us and we will fit it for you.
How do we get in touch with you?
We have a number of ways you can get in touch with us:
– Our twitter @techsos_A224
– Our email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Or just pop along to see us Monday 9am – 4pm, Wednesday 9am – 1pm or Thursday 11.15am – 4pm in room A224 Alloa campus.